For professional grade trade planning, please reuse this trade plan template:
For information on the Morgan Visual Trend Indicator, refer to the May 2019 issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities magazine, and find a description here. You can load MVTI from the Thinkorswim shared library under the name “MVTI”.
For finding watch list stocks, I recommend finviz (see the Q/A section for specifics on my screening criteria):
For tracking the SP500 Elliott wave count (as well as gold and oil wave counts), the best in the world bar none is Lara Iriarte at elliottwavestockmarket:
For broad market analysis of the top caliber, every serious trader should listen to the weekly “short takes” from Ciovacco Capital:
For a high quality trading brokerage with extremely deeply discounted commissions, I recommend Interactive Brokers:
For the best in chart analysis tools, I recommend Thinkorswim by Ameritrade. You can create an account with minimal $’s, then take out all but $10 and have access to Thinkorswim (and the data feed) forever, a fantastic deal!
For stock trading system development on your own, I recommend the Seer trading platform:
For a detailed analysis of US and global fundamentals relative to market action, I recommend becoming a free member of TheoTrade and monitoring the several times a week posts by “TheoDark”. Additionally, the free market updates from Corey Rosenblum are excellent at identifying set up stocks.
For books on basic stock chart reading and general technical analysis:
– Technical Analysis of Stock Trends (Edwards and McGee)
– Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets (Murphy)
– Fibonacci Trading (Boroden)
– How to Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard (Minirveni)
– Visual Guide to Elliott Wave Trading (Gorman/Kennedy)
– Portfolio Management Formulas (Vince)
– How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market
– Pragmatic Trading: Professional Planning, Modern Methods (Morgan) (coming soon!)