Welcome to stock trading, using professional methods. My objective is to tremendously accelerate your development and improve your results as a stock trader. To achieve that end, this site offers the following:
- Educational materials in the form of examples, alerts, market analyses, videos, and E-books. See SPX analysis video for the evening of Monday 8/12/19 here.
- Market analysis and real-time updates throughout the trading day (not currently active).
- Example trades drawn from many markets and time frames.
- Excerpts from the freely available book “Pragmatic Trading” (see below for links).
- Real-time alerts throughout the day on set up stocks and the trigger levels of interest (not currently active).
- Trading plan templates and example trading plans designed for your own usage and customization.
Professional & Modern Methods
This book is a high power course in professional grade directional stock trading. Designed to remove the burden of the study of 8-10 different core stock trading textbooks by providing the essentials of a complete trading plan structure, the highest performance analysis tools and how to deploy them, and a broad set of specific “professional grade” entry and trade management techniques.
Pragmatic Trading reveals revolutionary professional grade trade plan concepts and tools:
- Fibonacci Fitting (TM), a revolutionary technique for projecting market tops and turns from partial price swing data.
- The Morgan Visual Trend Indicator (MVTI), which measures trend purely quantitatively and provides extreme ease of use for trend assessment across time frames.
- The Morgan Adaptive Squeeze Indicator (MASI), a transformation improvement on the traditional static squeeze indicator to provide high quality signals across markets of varying volatility.
- MarketState, a multi-dimensional modeling tool for providing trade management controls and trade commitment controls for trade execution synchrony (“rhythm”) with the market.
Pragmatic Trading is comprehensive, taking a newbie trader from the basics of price charts into the details of market state analysis and trading plan controls. An emphasis throughout is the criticality of comprehensive trade planning.
Here’s a sample chart from the book, showing two excellent short term buy opportunities in the SP500 market on 7/11/2019.
This book is available for free download (PDF format) through this link: https://specktrading.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/40560-pragmatic-trading-v1.03.pdf
Use of Weapons
My new, free e-book “Use of Weapons” is now available as an instant pdf download here: . A detailed analysis of directional trading via direct purchase of a stock, vs. the most common usage modes of stock options. The book particularly illuminates the ability to trade us option spreads, and the advantages of selling option spreads, a “superior” choice of weapon!
All information on the specktrading website is provided for informational, educational and entertainment purposes only. Nothing on this website is meant to constitute specific trade advice, nor an inducement in any way to invest, speculate or trade in any market. Trading is a financially risky activity, and the owner takes no responsibility for the outcomes of a website visitor’s personal decision to execute trades using concepts, techniques or approaches shared on this site. No other warranties are either implied or expressed. As nothing is of sale on or through this website, no professional (fee based services) operation of this site for income of any time is implied or intended.